Mission Statement: The association represents the community of Kings Contrivance by advocating for residents, enforcing covenants, and building a sense of community.
All Kings Contrivance Village residents 18 years or older are eligible to seek election (exceptions are residents notified that they are not in compliance with the covenants). The primary responsibility of a Village Board member is that of advocate. Board members attend Board meetings twice a month, Board orientation meetings, special events hosted by the village, and Columbia and county meetings from time to time. A Board member supports the community of residents in the following ways:
- Oversees the village budget in a responsible way.
- Hires, evaluates, and sets direction of the Village Manager.
- Participates in Board goal setting.
- Develops policies in the following areas: committees, covenants, communications, finances, facilities, programs and staff.
- Appoints committee members and oversees their effectiveness.
- Recommends placement of village amenities (paths, tot lots, etc.).
- Sits as member of The Architectural Committee, hearing appeals of RAC decisions.
- Develops testimony to be presented to other governmental bodies.
- Negotiates and complies with Management Contract between the village and CA.
- Ensures CA’s tax exempt status and terms of its bond indentures are not jeopardized.
- Serves a two-year term.
- Maintains his/her property in compliance with the covenants.
- Receives no compensation.
The Kings Contrivance Community Association Village Board meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm.